March 3, 2013

The art of muses. Part 1

 When you meet your muse it is magic.  I have felt it.  I have had several muses in my life.  There is no greater feeling than that symbiosis.   The collaborative creative process.  It doesn't have to be a lover.  Although it is the greatest high when it is.  Some of my most powerful creative relationships have been with platonic friends. 

 In an effort to keep a positive and optimistic attitude about intimate relationships,  I am going to honor a few of those that have it figured out.  Let me clarify here that intimacy to me, has nothing to do with sex.  Baring your soul, your creative process, your dreams, desires, fears and darkest parts of your mind is way more intimate than fucking. 

 I have some great collaborators to showcase, in a variety of mutually gratifying relationships. 

Part 1- Kathie Olivas and Brandt Peters.  BOTH artists are in this post, so go all of the way down.

Ladies first:

































































And now, Brandt: