February 8, 2013

Love is in the air

So, a few posts back I shared the work of artist Mitch O'Connell.  Well, he had an art opening and party for his new book in Chicago- and one of my oldest bestest friends in the whole wide world is now engaged to him- so I am posting a couple of the opening pics here.  Wish I could have been there!









Alyson is a pin up model, and Mitch used her as a model to create the art being used to promote his new collaborative shoe line with TUKS.  They met, they dug each other, the rest is history!




They are getting married in Vegas in August and I am a bridesmaid.  Hannah Aitchison is also a bridesmaid- you might recognize her from the pics above- and I am gonna be thrilled to meet her!!!  She was on the television show LA INK with Kat Von D, so my seven degrees of separation from Kat will narrow down to one degree. (at the moment it is at three)  I have had a hard core girl crush on Kat Von D for years now.......not ashamed to admit it.  Hannah is an awesome tattoo artist in her own right, famous for her pin up style tattoos.   She also has a jewelry line- which I have several pieces of- like this mermaid necklace I bought at a tattoo convention last year.



So here is Hannah and some of her work.